Every homeowner knows that a crack in the foundation of his home is a big red flag and a sign of potential problems that need to be addressed. However, foundation cracks aren’t the only sign that your foundation gives when a problem is starting or when a problem has already occurred. There are plenty more signs that your foundation may be in trouble and you need to know those signs so you can act fast.
Some of the different signs that can indicate a foundation problem include:
- Sloping or uneven floors in your home.
- Cracks on the interior brickwork or in the interior walls
- Cracks appearing in floors or floor tiles
- Cracks in any walls in your home
- Moldings in your home cracking (due to the shifting of the foundation).
- Bowing of the walls
- Doors and windows that don’t seem to fit right and that won’t open or close as they should.
- Gaps or separations appearing between windows, garage doors and doors
- Spaces or gaps developing between the wall and your ceiling or between the wall and the floor.
- Any type of separation from the walls to the rest of your home.
When any of these problems are in existence in your home, you need to take action right away. Contact Stay Dry Waterproofing to learn what your options are for repairing your home’s foundation.