Electric bills are a source of stress for most of us, especially when they are higher than expected. When looking for ways to make homes more energy efficient, many homeowners consider new appliances or light fixtures to reduce their cost. However, many forget to have an energy audit performed to assess other areas of concern.
Moisture control, for example, is a great way to increase your home’s energy efficiency. At StayDry Waterproofing, many of our services are meant to help control the moisture in your home or prevent water from seeping in through foundation cracks. This comprehensive guide is meant to explain our energy audit and moisture control services to help lower your energy bill.
Energy Audit Problems
When you have StayDry perform an energy audit on your home, we will assess pain points in your home that may be contributing to your high energy costs. Some of the most common issues we find are:
- Foundation Cracks: Cracks in your home’s foundation can allow water to seep in and cause your basement to be cooler and require more energy to keep it at a comfortable level.
- Humid Crawl Spaces: Your home’s crawl space is a perfect location for water to enter the home and cause the home to be cooler than usual.
- Basement Flooding: In addition to foundational cracks, water is able to enter your basement in a variety of ways. If basement flooding has occurred, then you can be sure the issue has been contributing to your high energy bills.
Moisture Control Solutions
Once an energy audit has been performed on your home, StayDry will be able to correct any of the issues discovered. Some of the moisture control solutions we offer are:
- High-Pressure Crack Injection Repair for Energy Efficiency
- Crawl Space Vapor Barriers and Moisture Control
- Exterior Basement Waterproofing to Save Money
Better yet, you may qualify for michigan’s home heating credit to help make your home more energy efficient and reduce these bills. Of course, if you are interested in our energy audit and moisture control services you can contact us here or give us a call at 800-800-7073 for your free consultation.