If you are looking to put your home on the market and want to get the best price for it, there are several ways you can improve the value of your home. Basement waterproofing solutions not only protect your home from the harsh climate of Michigan, but can also help improve your home’s resale value.
At StayDry® Waterproofing, we have helped countless homeowners in Michigan prevent basement flooding and the hazards that accompany such. Additionally, basement waterproofing can increase your home’s resale value, so if you are looking to sell your home, let us fill you in on how waterproofing solutions can help you get the most for your Michigan home.
Basement Waterproofing Checklist
When looking to sell your home, you should evaluate a number of potential issues to determine if a waterproofing solution is needed, or to see if your current solutions need repair. Utilize our basement waterproofing checklist below to determine any waterproofing needs your home might require.
- Check for Foundation Cracks: Even the smallest of cracks in your foundation can allow water to leak into your home. With this in mind, check your home’s foundation for cracks and have them sealed with our high-pressure crack injection service.
- Ensure Your Sump Pump Works: You should also check to make sure your sump pump is working properly. This is something any home inspector will check, so if it isn’t working properly, you will need to have it repaired or replaced to get the most out of your home. If you don’t have a sump pump in your home, installing one can drastically improve your home’s value.
- Check for Mold Growth: If water has seeped into your basement, this makes for the perfect environment for mold growth. Not only is mold difficult to get rid of, but mold spores can travel through your home’s ventilation system and can cause respiratory illnesses like asthma.
Improve Your Home’s Value with StayDry®
Whether you plan on selling your home now, or a few years down the road, having a basement waterproofing solution installed can help prevent dangers caused by basement flooding and increase your home’s resale value. In addition to some of our quality services we’ve already mentioned, below are a few more of our services.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: While basement waterproofing is essential, as is protecting your crawl space from the elements. With our crawl space encapsulation service, we can prevent water from entering your home via this source.
- Tie Rod Hole Leak Repair: In addition to foundation leaks, damaged tie rod holes can also allow moisture into your home. Our tie rod hole leak repair service can prevent this from occurring and protect your home from basement flooding.
- Wall Rebuilds: In severe circumstances, such as foundational bowing, crack injection is not sufficient to protect your home from dangers. In cases like these, we can perform a partial or complete wall rebuild to ensure your foundation is sturdy and waterproofed.
Contact Us Today!
If you are looking to put your Michigan home on the market, basement waterproofing will both increase your home’s resale value and make it a more appealing option for home buyers. Contact StayDry® today for a free estimate by calling 800.782.9379 today!