While it’s rarely used, your crawl space should not be neglected when it comes to waterproofing your home. A damp crawl space can cause a host of health and structural issues, however, this can be prevented with a vapor barrier. Better yet, if you are looking to sell your Michigan home, crawl space repair can increase your home’s resale value, allowing you to get the most out of your home.
At StayDry® Waterproofing, we specialize in residential waterproofing, including crawl space repair. If you are looking to put your home on the market, follow this crawl space repair checklist to ensure your home is safe and protected from flooding.
Crawl Space Repair Checklist
When preparing your home to be put on the market, don’t forget to check your crawl space as a damaged crawl space can lead to a number of issues. Utilize this checklist to ensure your crawl space is safe and properly sealed.
- Check for Leaks: When checking your crawl space, be sure to check the foundation walls for any cracks that could allow water to seep into your home. Even the smallest of cracks can lead to issues down the road, so be sure to have any foundation cracks sealed with our high-pressure crack injection waterproofing solution.
- Check for Mold Growth: A damp crawl space can easily become the perfect environment for mold growth. Not only is mold difficult to get rid of, but mold spores can travel through your home’s ventilation system and lead to respiratory illnesses, such as asthma.
- Check for Pest Infestations: In addition to mold growth, a damp crawl space can become the perfect breeding ground for pests, like termites and carpenter ants. These pests feed on rotting wooden support structures, which can weaken the structural integrity of your Michigan home.
Improve Your Home’s Value with StayDry®
Whether its foundation cracks, mold growth, or pest infestations, at StayDry® Waterproofing, we have a solution for every issue. If you have found any issues that require crawl space repair, let us fill you in on some of our waterproofing solutions.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: One of our most popular services for crawl space repair is to use a vapor barrier to encapsulate your crawl space. This will prevent any moisture from entering your home and protect your crawl space for years.
- Sump Pump Installation: By installing a sump pump basin, you have the ability to drain any water that enters your crawl space. The sump pump can then drain the water away from your home, preventing any further issues it could cause.
- Dehumidifier Installation: Since Michigan is humid, especially in the summer months, having a dehumidifier installed in your crawl space can prevent moisture from building up from the air.
Contact Us Today!
Regardless of the issue your crawl space faces, we can surely help protect your home and increase its resale value with one of our crawl space repairs. Contact StayDry® today for a free estimate by calling 800.782.9379 today!