Living in a moist climate can be troublesome for your home. While you can always out of the weather by hiding in your home, your home doesn’t have the same luxury. Homeowners need to be aware of the foundation issues that are common in moist environments. They also need access to high-quality services to repair any damage.
StayDry® Waterproofing specializes in foundation repair services that will repair damage and protect homes from future issues. We understand the threat that water presents to your home, that’s why we provide a number of solutions to keep your home safe and dry. Here is a look at foundation damage and how to recognize any issues.
The Role Of Water in Soil
Water in soil plays a key role in foundation settling. Many different types of soil are more prone to retaining water. Silt, peat, and clay are common culprits for foundation settling. When water moves through the soil, it often freezes and melts causing contraction and expansion. These movements cause shifting in the soil that puts a lot of pressure on your foundation walls.
The pressure can cause a lot of damage to your home. Foundation cracks, bowing walls, and sinking walls are very common issues caused by foundation settling. Any issues with your walls can cause water to leak into your home. If your walls sustain enough damage, it can compromise the structural integrity of your home.
Recognizing Foundation Problems
There are many recognizable signs of foundation damage. This makes it easy for homeowners to take immediate action. Here are some of the types of damage to look out for when inspecting your home:
- Bowing Walls: Walls begin to bend inward due to the pressure of outside soils.
- Foundation Cracks: Any cracks in your foundation walls due to the shifting soils. The cracks can also cause water to leak into your home.
- Sinking Walls: Walls that are sinking further into the ground as soil around the walls loosens.
- Heaving: Areas in your basement that are raised due to soil pushing them upward.
- Structural Distress: Signs of visible damage on your walls, such as drywall cracks, shifting door frames, and concrete cracks.
Seeking Repair Services
There are many services that homeowners can utilize to keep their homes safe from further damage. There are also services that will repair the existing damage in your foundation. Here are some of the services available to homeowners from StayDry® Waterproofing:
- Wall Straightening: Any walls that have begun to bow inward can be straightened to their original position.
- Fortress Stabilization: Your foundation is reinforced to keep it from bowing or sinking.
- Wall Rebuilds: Walls that have experienced too much damage are rebuilt so they are good as new.
- Crack Injections: Cracks around your foundation are sealed using a polyurethane material. This material keeps water from seeping into your home.
Contact StayDry® For Foundation Repairs
If you’d like to have any foundation damage repaired, look no further than StayDry® Waterproofing. Our StayDry® heroes will provide you with an inspection and determine the perfect solutions to keep your home safe. If you would like a free estimate, be sure to contact us here or give us a call at 800.782.9379!