As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to keep up with the maintenance of your home. This is an active process of evaluating your home and inspecting for any types of damage. One of the most common types of damage that occurs in Michigan is foundation damage. It is crucial to recognize types of foundation damage and make sure that you avoid any structural problems.
StayDry® Waterproofing is a Michigan-based company that is focused on giving homeowners the services they need to keep their home’s foundation healthy and strong. If you see any damage to your foundation, give us a call and we’ll be able to inspect your home and provide the perfect solution. Learn more about structural issues to look for to determine if your home has foundation damage.
The Structural Issues Homes can Experience
There are many signs that your home can be having structural issues due to foundation shifting. Foundation shifting occurs when there is water moving through your home’s soil. The water can freeze, melt, and shift soil causing pressure on your home. Here are some common signs that damage has occurred through your foundation:
- Misaligned doors and windows: This is easy to spot. If you notice a door or window is suddenly harder to open or close, this could indicate the foundation has shifted.
- Sloping Floors or Staircases: This could indicate a probable pitch in the foundation.
- Cracked Drywall: Often, cracks start to form in your drywall in the basement. This is due to some movement in the walls.
- Large Cracks in Exterior Concrete: Pressure on your walls can cause them to crack. If you notice large concrete cracks in your basement, this could be indicative of foundation issues.
- Water Leaking into Basement: Often, water leaks in because of the shifting soils. They can either be leaking through cracks caused by the soil or gaps caused by movement in your foundation.
If you see any of these signs of foundation damage in your home, you have great options for repairs. You can always contact StayDry® Waterproofing for a wide variety of services to address any of your concerns with your foundation.
Repair Solutions from StayDry® Waterproofing
As mentioned above, we are focused on providing a wide variety of solutions to address any issues with your foundation. We offer a team of professionals who can handle any type of problem. Our selection of services can give you the peace-of-mind that your home can last through the elements.
Our business offers everything from Foundation Crack Injections to complete wall rebuilds. We will send an expert over to your home to evaluate the damage and determine what your home needs to be safe and dry. Don’t hesitate to give us a call. Our customers have given us 5 star ratings for the excellent work we do.
Get A Free Estimate Today!
If you want to get the best foundation repair services, StayDry® Waterproofing is the go to option in Michigan. Our services can repair and prevent damage from occurring in your home. If you want to get started you can contact us today for a free estimate or give us a call at 1.800.800.7073!