When it comes to basement waterproofing, one of the most popular and effective solutions is to have a sump pump installed. This drains any water that enters your basement away from your home, preventing further damage. Better yet, a functional sump pump can increase your home’s resale value, so if you are looking to put your home on the market, consider installing a sump pump.
At StayDry® Waterproofing, we specialize in basement waterproofing, including sump pump installation. If you are preparing your home to be put on the market, don’t neglect your sump pump. You can utilize this sump pump checklist to ensure your basin is working properly and doesn’t need repairs.
Sump Pump Checklist
If you don’t have a sump pump installed in your basement, you risk basement flooding should water leak in through foundation cracks. Luckily, installing a sump pump is easy and relatively inexpensive compared to other waterproofing services. You can use this checklist to ensure your sump pump is functioning properly, which improves your home’s resale value.
- Check the Basin: First things first, open your sump pump and check to ensure there isn’t any debris that could cause clogs. This will cause your sump pump to work harder to drain water away from your home, which can cause it to malfunction.
- Check the Flow of Water: Next, be sure to check where your sump pump is draining the water. If water is being drained too close to your home’s foundation, the water can easily make its way back into your Michigan home.
- Perform a Test Run: Finally, once you have cleared any debris and have checked the flow of the drained water, pour a bucket of water into your sump pump’s basin to ensure it works properly. If not, you may need to replace your sump pump before putting your home up for sale.
Improve Your Home’s Value with StayDry®
If you are looking to sell your home, a waterproofing system can drastically improve your home’s resale value. Sump pumps are a popular solution that can effectively drain water away from your home. Some of the quality sump pump waterproofing solutions we offer are detailed below for your convenience.
- Standard Sump Pump: Our standard size sump pump, the PitBoss, can handle between 2940 to 4029 gallons of water per hour depending on the size of the lift you choose. This is great for smaller homes.
- Deluxe Sump Pump: Our deluxe sump pump, the BigBoss, is capable of handling between 3900 and 7500 gallons of water per hour, depending on the lift size, and is meant for larger Michigan homes.
- Pump Spy: While our sump pumps are made of cast iron and stainless steel, they can still run into issues. With our PumpSpy, if there is any issue with your sump pump, you will receive a notification on your laptop, tablet or smartphone alerting you of the issue.
Contact Us Today!
Whether your sump pump is damaged or you need one installed, StayDry® is here to help. Contact StayDry® today for a free estimate by calling 800.782.9379!