- Horizontal or zig zag cracking along basement walls.
- Diagonal cracking in corners or poured concrete foundation walls.
- Walls leaning in at the top.
- Walls that seem to be sliding inward at the bottom.
- Inward bulging or bowing of walls.
- Wet, clay-like soil around your home combined with damaged walls.
- Clay soils that expand when wet around the foundation of your home.
The type of soil around your home, temperature conditions and how far underground your foundation sits can also be a factor in the condition of your foundation walls. Hydrostatic pressure, low temperatures and excessive moisture puts huge amounts of pressure on your foundation walls, which can cause bowing/buckling damage. Improper run-off can also cause this type of damage to your foundation. Checking downspouts and gutters can effectively reroute water away from your home.
How StayDry Can Help
You may not be aware that there are many ways to treat bulging or bowing basement walls, from minor to severe. How do you know which you need? Don’t worry, the StayDry team will come to your home, assess your specific case and give you the best recommendation for your unique situation. Let’s talk about some of the ways we can help.
- Wall Straightening (Shear Reinforcement): This option for minor bowing or bulging, and can return a wall back to its original state. An affordable alternative, it involves placing wood blocks and posts, then reinforcing them will steel rebar and concrete.
- Fortress Stabilization Carbon Fiber/Kevlar Straps: Also used for minor bowing or bulging. This minimally invasive technique involves innovative technology that doesn’t require outside excavation.
- StayWall Steel Brace Reinforcement: This technique is for more serious bowing or bulging issues. It involves the attachment of steel I-beams to the floor joists of your home and set them into the foundation of your home. This comprehensive solution is more difficult to hide.
- Complete or Partial Block Wall Rebuilds: For the most serious bowing and bulging issues, this provides peace of mind and a brand new look to your basement.
Call Today for Your Free Evaluation!
StayDry professionals have evaluated and treated thousands of homes with bowing or bulging basement walls. With over 100 years of dedicated service, we believe in giving you the most comprehensive solutions at prices you can afford. Ask about our satisfaction guarantee and 0% financing options, you won’t be sorry. Call today at 1-800-STAY-DRY or fill out our online form and we’ll get right back to you!
Answers to Common Questions About Basement Waterproofing
What Kind of Basement Waterproofing Do I Need in Michigan?
If your basement fills with water after a rainstorm, we might suggest installing a French drain system. A common, proven approach the French drain has been installed for nearly 150 years. StayDry uses the Hydroflo system, which is backed by a 100 percent fully transferable lifetime warranty. Learn more about our French drain installation. The French Drain is one of the best ways to fix basement leak repair in Michigan.
When moisture- and wetness-causing conditions are more substantial, exterior waterproofing may be the ideal solution. StayDry’s contractors have a considerable amount of experience with excavating soil and installing several protective barriers between a home’s foundation and the outside elements. Our exterior basement waterproofing method is backed by a 10-year warranty.
Poured concrete foundations are notorious for their tendency to develop vertical cracks. If left unchecked, these cracks can expand and become easy targets for water penetration. For homes or businesses in which this has happened, StayDry recommends polyurethane crack injection. We use a high-pressure injection tool so that the epoxy expands all the way through the crack, from the exterior to the interior. Like our French drains, our crack injection services come with a lifetime warranty. Read more about basement crack repair.
Basement Waterproofing for Homeowners
- A Homeowners’s Guide to Basement Waterproofing
- Common Basement Waterproofing Problems
- Basement Waterproofing Definitions
Are you looking for basement waterproofing in a particular area of Michigan? We provide services in the following areas: Southeast Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, and Northern Michigan. We also provide our services to Northern Ohio and Northern Indiana.