- Rain Gutters: Check all rain gutters to ensure water is directed away from your home. With an abundance of water and debris in your gutters, it can be easy for them to become misaligned. This can allow water to pool around the foundation of your home, saturating the soil and putting damaging pressure on your home’s foundation.
- Landscaping: Ensure all soil around your home slopes away from your home. This keeps water moving effectively away from your home. You should also avoid landscaping with large shrubbery or bushes close to your home as plants allow water to pool around them; posing foundational concerns.
- Windows and Doors: Checking all windows and door seals can prevent water from seeping through any cracks or damage. If caulking has been used, we recommend reapplying every six months for optimum protection.
- Dehumidifier: Part of the humidity in a basement comes from condensation not leaking. Because basements are below ground, they are naturally cooler. Warm air holds more water, which causes humidity in the cooler spaces. Dehumidifiers can help to remove excess moisture from the air, effectively eliminating mold and mildew concerns in your damp basement.
- Fixing Leaks: When you discover a leak, even a miniscule one, repairing it immediately can help to prevent water damage and accumulation. Often, this requires the help of professionals who repair this type of damage on a regular basis. Preventing water damage in your home also helps to keep your home’s value high.
Mold and mildew that accumulates in dark, damp places can pose health issues with people who are immune or respiratory compromised. Don’t risk the health and safety of your family and home to just anyone. As the #1 basement waterproofing company, StayDry offers comprehensive solutions to all your water issues. Whether you need sump pumps, french drains, dehumidifiers or exterior basement waterproofing, we can help.
StayDry has been serving Michigan communities for over 100 years with a stellar customer service record. We want to help you diagnose your humidity concerns and do all we can to give you cost effective solutions. Don’t go with a company with less experience. Ask about our satisfaction guarantee and 0% financing options, you won’t be sorry. Call today at 1-800-STAY-DRY or fill out our online form to schedule your free estimate!
Answers to Common Questions About Basement Waterproofing
What Kind of Basement Waterproofing Do I Need in Michigan?
If your basement fills with water after a rainstorm, we might suggest installing a French drain system. A common, proven approach the French drain has been installed for nearly 150 years. StayDry uses the Hydroflo system, which is backed by a 100 percent fully transferable lifetime warranty. Learn more about our French drain installation. The French Drain is one of the best ways to fix basement leak repair in Michigan.
When moisture- and wetness-causing conditions are more substantial, exterior waterproofing may be the ideal solution. StayDry’s contractors have a considerable amount of experience with excavating soil and installing several protective barriers between a home’s foundation and the outside elements. Our exterior basement waterproofing method is backed by a 10-year warranty.
Poured concrete foundations are notorious for their tendency to develop vertical cracks. If left unchecked, these cracks can expand and become easy targets for water penetration. For homes or businesses in which this has happened, StayDry recommends polyurethane crack injection. We use a high-pressure injection tool so that the epoxy expands all the way through the crack, from the exterior to the interior. Like our French drains, our crack injection services come with a lifetime warranty. Read more about basement crack repair.
Basement Waterproofing for Homeowners
- A Homeowners’s Guide to Basement Waterproofing
- Common Basement Waterproofing Problems
- Basement Waterproofing Definitions
Are you looking for basement waterproofing in a particular area of Michigan? We provide services in the following areas: Southeast Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, and Northern Michigan. We also provide our services to Northern Ohio and Northern Indiana.