Concrete floor cracks are a major cause for concern for homeowners. If these cracks are not sealed and properly waterproofed, the crack can grow and cause even more damage to the floor and foundation of your home. Since concrete is guaranteed to crack, having a sound waterproofing system in place is essential to protect your home from water damage.
At StayDry Waterproofing, we offer a number of sealing and waterproofing options for residents of Michigan, Northern Ohio, and Northern Indiana. We can help assess the extent of the damage caused by your concrete floor cracks to determine the best course of action. Before you call a StayDry Hero to set up an appointment, let us fill you in on the danger of concrete floor cracks and how we can help repair them.
Don’t Ignore Concrete Floor Cracks
Many homeowners look at concrete floor cracks as small issues that don’t require immediate attention. While small hairline cracks are of little concern initially, they can quickly grow in size, increasing the risk for damage. Some external factors can cause cracks in concrete floors to grow, including:
- Rainwater and Seepage: No one expects flooding to occur, but in our region, it happens more frequently than we’d like. Rainwater and seepage can weaken concrete and allow cracks to grow in size.
- Freeze Thaw Cycle: Once water has entered a concrete floor crack, it is nearly impossible to remove. When the water freezes, the crack will expand and when it thaws, the crack will have even more room for water to build up.
- Natural Wear and Tear: Concrete floors are subject to natural wear and tear, and when there is a crack this is amplified. Moisture trapped inside these cracks can speed up this natural process.
Sealing and Waterproofing Floor Cracks
With the potential of having small concrete floor cracks grow due to the causes above, it is essential to have a sound waterproofing system installed. Additionally, you should have any existing cracks cleaned out and sealed to prevent water from seeping into the home, causing even more damage.
Luckily, we at StayDry provide a number of high-quality waterproofing and sealant services to help protect your home. Some our waterproofing and sealant services are:
- French Drain System: Installing a French drain in your basement is one of the best ways to expel any water that has seeped into your home’s basement. We can even connect it to a sump pump for added efficiency.
- Exterior Basement Waterproofing: While this is our most expensive service, our exterior waterproofing service is also our most effective at preventing water from entering your home.
- Crack Injection Repair: You will need to fill any cracks that have already formed in your concrete floor to ensure no further damage is done. Our high pressure crack injection repair service can repair your concrete floor cracks.
Contact the StayDry Heroes Today!
If your home has concrete floor cracks, contact a StayDry hero to repair it before the damage gets to be too extensive. You can contact us here or give us a call at 800.782.9379 for your free estimate!