Basement finishing is a big job that needs a lot of work to complete. Many Michigan basements are made of concrete and could possibly need a number of repairs before basement finishing could be done. One of the most critical jobs that needs to be done is waterproofing. Failure to address basement leaks can lead to issues with a finished basement.
For Michigan residents looking for concrete repair or a foundation repair contractor, StayDry Waterproofing offers excellent services to achieve the basement of your dreams. Our services are able to address issues with leaky concrete and provide a dry basement that won’t ruin your finished basement. With that said, we also provide tips to finding the right contractor to handle the job.
Get a Free Estimate From the StayDry® Team - Serving MichiganFree ConsultationClick to Call: 1-800-STAY-DRY
100+ Years of Basement Waterproofing and Crawl Space Experience
Concrete Repair For Basement Finishing
Cracked concrete can be very troublesome for basements. If left unrepaired, the cracks can spread through the concrete and cause serious issues with your foundation. Excessive water damage and growing cracks can cause your walls to crumble and compromise your structural integrity.
StayDry is a concrete repair contractor for foundations. We hate cutting corners and provide services that will get the job done right. Our cement crack repair uses a high-pressure injection system that will seal your cracks and will provide stability and waterproofing. You can rest assured that your concrete cracks will be completely sealed and your home is protected from any cement issues.
10 Tips For Selecting A Foundation Repair Contractor
If you are looking to have foundation work done in your home, it is important to find a contractor that you can trust. We’ve have compiled some helpful tips that will help in the selection process for finishing your basement.
- Years of Experience: If you are considering a contractor, it is important to look into how long they have done business in your area or state. A contractor that has been serving your area for years has a lot of experience with the type of work that needs to be done to your home.
- The Contractor is Well Insured: A contractor should be insured so if anything were to happen to your home, you would be covered. Be sure to ask for an insurance certificate from the insurance provider to get the information.
- Warranties Offered on Products: Find a contractor that offers warranties on their services. A good contractor won’t mind coming in to do repairs if your foundation repair needs some extra work.
- Certifications: Make sure your contractor has the proper certifications for the job they are doing. This will ensure that they are trained in performing the tasks they are hired to perform.
- Knowledge About the Repairs: A contractor will be full of information regarding the job and your needs. They will be able to explain anything if you ask questions about the repairs.
- Check Their Reputation: A good contractor comes with even better references. Look at their ratings on the BBB and see if they have a history of doing great work for their clients.
- Provides A Proper Inspection: A contractor will come to your location in order to give your space an inspection. From there they will be able to determine what repairs need to be made.
- Communicate Well: The contractor should be able to communicate the exact work that needs to be done. They won’t keep you in the dark about the repairs they expect to make.
- Payment Options: The contractor can provide financing options for work that needs to be done. Be wary of contractors who ask for a lot of money up front.
- Draw Up A Contract: A trustworthy contractor will draw up a contract so both parties are aware of the terms of service. This will serve as an outline of the repairs and pricing for their work.
Contact StayDry For Concrete Repair
If you are finishing your basement and need to have your concrete repaired, look no further than StayDry! Our StayDry heroes will be able to give your basement the proper care to make your job easy. Looking for a free estimate? You can contact us here or give us a call at 800.782.9379!